- Navratri 2018 Dates
- Ghatasthapana in Navratri
- Diwali 2018
- Dussehra 2018
- Chhath 2018
- Navratri Fasting Rules
- Navratri Nine Colors 2018
- Jaware Visarjan 2018
- Kanya Puja in Navratri
- Durga Visarjan 2018
- How to Play Garba Dance
- Nine Days of Navratri
- Navratri Puja Vidhi
- Navratri Calendar 2018
- Navratri Mantra
Ram Navami is an important festival for Hindu People. According to Hindu calendar, on the ninth day of Shukla Paksha of Chaitra month, Lord Rama was born in Ayodhya to King Dasharatha and Queen Kausalya. The birthday of Lord Rama is celebrated as the Rama Navami. It also marks the end of the ninth day of Chaitra Navaratri. Lord Sri Rama, born on the auspicious day of Ram Navami, is the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu. This festival is also known as Chaitra Masa Suklapaksha Navami or Shri Rama Navratra.
Ram Navami Date in 2019:
Acording to Hindu Calendar, Ram Navami is celebrated on the ninth day of the Chaitra month (during Shukla Paksha). Every year Rama Navami date is different because it is calculated according to Hindu calendar. On the day of Ram navami, devotees organize the Akhand Paath of Ramacharitamanas at home, perform many rituals like Havan, Rama Puja, and sing Bhajans and Kirtan. Many devotees visit to Ram temples and offer garland and Prasad there.
Ram Navami festival’s rituals are performed in temples and houses. Icons of infant type of Lord Sri Rama are set in the supports, in the houses and temples by the devotees. People start the day and serenade vedic mantras offering products of the soil, blooms and sustenance things to Lord Sri Rama. Toward the evening, a coconut sheathed in a hooded shroud put in a support.
Rama Navami Puja starts at the early of the morning by praying to Sun. According to Hindu mythology, afternoon is supposed to the Lord Rama’s birth time so the special prayers are performed in the temples at afternoon. Hymns, devotional songs and Kirtan have been sung in the temples after the puja. Devotees chanted the words “Jai Shree Ram - Jai Shree Ram” throughout the day to get the blessing of the God Rama. Many people keep fast during the sacred festival Rama Navami. This festival ends on the ninth day of Chaitra navratri and also known as “Chaitra Masa Shuklapaksha Navami”.
Rama Navami Festival Celebration & Events:
Many traditions and rituals have been followed to worship Lord Sri Rama in different parts of India during Ram Navami celebrations. It is celebrated with huge devotion in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, as it is the birthplace of the lord Ram. In Ayodhya, people move with rath yatra (chariot procession), which has been carried in the streets. In the chariot procession, four people take the get up of Lord Rama, his wife Sita, brother Lakshmana and Hanuman. The whole environment becomes delightful and gleesome. Rameshwaram in Tamil Nadu is another sacred and popular place to visit. Here devotes take a bath and then visit the temple for prayer to get the blessing of Lord Rama.
Lord Vishnu took the manifestation of human as Rama and ventures down on Earth to destroy underhanded that predominated for a drawn out stretch of time. Each individual of India tries to be as ideal as Lord Rama. The saying Rama implies honesty. Rama and Dharma mean the same. During the time of these nine days, the people read the Ramayana and complete it. The divine and the consecrated mantras of Sri Rama are droned. The people who can't read the entire Ramayana listen to the chanting in the temples and houses.
In the evenings, special gatherings are held where the teachings of Lord Rama and his ideals are preached. The people quick on all the nine days and expend just drain and products of the soil. The ninth day watches grand celebration. The temples are decently decorated and a grand worship of Lord Rama is sorted out.
The saying Rama has a divine force to destroy sins, removing lack of awareness and spreading peace on the planet. When we open our mouth to serenade the expression 'RAMA', all our sins are expelled from our body with the spell of 'Ra'. When the mouth closes with 'm', all the sins are ceased from entering our spirit. The saying RAMA signifies divinity, sacredness and sweetness. Along these lines, it is wise to serenade the saying 'RAMA', with the ownership of the learning of what the statement "RAMA" implies. The chanting of the name of Lord Rama has the divine force of destroying all wrongs and awful deeds during Ram Navami Festival.
We must serenade the statement "RAMA" with "BHAKTI" that signifies 'DEVOTION'. Our heart purifies and becomes sinless by the chanting of the saying 'RAMA'. We must follow the propensity for soft and sweet discourse. Rama exists in the unadulterated heart filled with love and devotion. One should recollect the name of Lord Rama with love.
Unknown Facts about Lord Rama
- Lord Rama is the seventh incarnation of the God Vishnu.
- Lord Ram was born in Treta Yuga.
- Maharshi Vashishtha has given him this name "Rama".
- Lord Rama lived on the earth before 1.2 million years ago.
- Lord Rama's name has been taken from "Beeja Aksharas". "Ra" is from Agni Beeja and "Ma" is from Amrutha Beeja.
- According to Valmiki’s Ramayana, he is known as "Maryada Purushottam" while according to Tulsidas's Ramcharit Manas, he is known as "God".
- His name comes at the 394th place in Vishnu Sahasranama.
- Lord Ram ruled over Ayodhya for 11000 years. This time is also known as "Ram Rajya".
- Lord Rama’s bow was so much powerful that it could destroy the whole army.
- At the age of 27 years only, Lord Rama had to go into excile.
- It is said that white stripes on squirrel are fingerprints of Lord Rama.
- At the end of his life, Lord Rama had taken Jal Samadhi in the Sarayu River to reach Vaikuntha.
- According to Valmiki’s Ramayana, the portray of Lord Rama breaking bow in Sita’s Swayamvar is not included while in Tulsidas’ Ramcharitmanas, this fact has been included.
- He fought with Jambavantha as the avatar of Lord Krishna.
- When Lord Rama was leaving for Vaikuntha, he took many people (soul) from Ayodhya with him.
- Indra Dev had sent a chariot as gift when Lord Rama was fighting with Ravana.
- Lord Rama’s best devotee was Hanuman.
- Lord Ram has accepted the 14 years of exile for his father.
- Lord Rama love Sita with heart and soul.
- Lord Rama’s wife name was Sita (Here name was also Vaidehi).
- During the exile, Lord Rama relived the Kambadh from the curse and he suggested Lord Rama to do friendship with Sugreev.
- Lord Rama intended to use Brahmashtra two times, once on Jayanta and second time on God of Sea (Sagar).
- The victory of Lord Ram over demon Ravana is known as Dussehra.
- After killing Ravana, when Lord Rama returned to Ayodhya, people lit the diyas. After that Diwali celebration starts every year.
Lord Rama Mantra:
Lord Rama’s mantras can be chanted anytime and at any place. Yet, it is advised by legends that people should chant the mantras either at early morning or before the sleep time at night. Chanting Rama’s mantras is like meditation. It helps people in gaining peace of mind, glow on face and good health. Check below some powerful Lord Rama mantra to chant.
2019 Ram Navami Messages, SMS for Whatsapp and Facebook
People perform many rituals on the day of ram navami day like worshiping lord Rama, chant mantras, sing hymns and devotional songs, keep fasting and take a visit to temple. Except from these one of the ritual is wishing Happy Rama Navami to relatives and friends and blessing younger ones. Now there are many ways of wishing someone, one can send text by mobile, send the message through Whatsapp and update their Facebook status for wishing all “Happy Rama Navami”. We have added the best Rama Navami messages and SMS in the list below.
Ram Navami is a Public holiday in many states of India. These states are Maharashtra, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Punjab and Sikkim. Ayodhya city in Uttar Pradesh and Rameshwaram in the South Indian State of Tamil Nadu are the best city to visit during Rama Navami festival. The celebration of Ram navami in Ayodhya is very amazing. From different places, people come to Ayodhya, take a holy dip into Sarayu and then visit the Rama temple to worship. During Ram navami 2019, one can visit to many places for Ram Navami celebration in India. Major celebration places are Ayodhya and Sita Samahit Sthal (Uttar Pradesh), Sitamarhi (Bihar), Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu) and Kodandarama Temple, Vontimitta (Andhra Pradesh), where one can take a visit during Lord Rama birthday.